New 10 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should really get the API liquid master test kit. You might be surprised at what they actuall, correct readings are! Much easier to use than strips, also. It is only $23, and has over 800 tests. Also what new size tank did you get?

it's a 26 gallon. i got it in hopes that my cichlid will make it until it cycles fully and tests okay. if it doesn't than i will buy a turtle and put it in it :facepalm: and this 10 gallon will become a tank for a simple betta...a fish i have always been able to keep alive lol.

Most cichlids are pretty hardy. Do you know of anyone who has a cycled tank? That was you could take a little filter media, and substrate to instant cycle your new tank.

The thing with strips(from what I've heard) is that the first test is accurate but once they are exposed to air they are useless for some reason, not quite sure why but I have gotten similar answers in many different places.

all the strips i have are wrapped up individually in foil. they weren't cheap, so i'm hoping they're worth it.

i wouldn't get an aquatic one. well it'd have water just not all water.

Fish are still alive! I did a little water change yesterday and the female guppy is moving around more. My pleco ate his algae wafer last night. I am seeing major improvements in the fish. My cichlids tank is cycling as we speak and I cant wait to get him in it! The male guppies whom are in a bowl are also eating the pellet food now. I was seriously not expecting good news lol. Hopefully I can get my friend to take my pleco off my hands so he can have a bigger home.

Fish are still alive! I did a little water change yesterday and the female guppy is moving around more. My pleco ate his algae wafer last night. I am seeing major improvements in the fish. My cichlids tank is cycling as we speak and I cant wait to get him in it! The male guppies whom are in a bowl are also eating the pellet food now. I was seriously not expecting good news lol. Hopefully I can get my friend to take my pleco off my hands so he can have a bigger home.

You definitely want those male guppies in a bigger tank. An unfiltered bowl is way too small.

i am aware of that now lol. when i transfer my cichlid i will be able to put them in the exisiting tank. just have to wait on the other tank.

Since you're doing a fish-in cycle on a small tank anyway I'd just transfer the filter from the 10 gal to the larger tank (run it alongside the new filter) and move the fish in it now. The larger volume of water will slow the build-up of toxins some. The blood parrot should go though as it will get far too large for a 26 and while it's growing it can become stunted if kept in a tank too small.

The blood parrot should go though as it will get far too large for a 26 and while it's growing it can become stunted if kept in a tank too small.

+1
Not only do they get way to large for a 25 they also produce a large bioload and require very good filtration along with frequent water changes.

Back
Top Bottom