New 125 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. A 125 in a mobile home may be pushing the weight limits unless you reinforce the flooring where the tank sits. The "aquarium cave" is a good idea too but you have to be out there to enjoy the tanks.

Not to mention winter months would make it harder. At least here in MD where it's been 10-30 degrees for the past few weeks. If power goes out would make it very difficult to keep the temps in the tanks at bay, even with a generator.

Well MS runs usually between 20 to 60 in winter most of the time 60 to 90 is most of the year. But I plan on insulating it and making it hold up against the Temps

Well got my hands on a oscar. Long story short he was in an 8 gallon I help them make room. So I guess my 125 gal will be around my new oscar named Sharkbait.

ForumRunner_20130205_143454.jpg

ForumRunner_20130205_143445.jpg

Well got my hands on a oscar. Long story short he was in an 8 gallon I help them make room. So I guess my 125 gal will be around my new oscar named Sharkbait.

That's awesome! He's a pretty guy. No telling how he ended up in an 8 gallon... He is going to love you forever!

That's awesome! He's a pretty guy. No telling how he ended up in an 8 gallon... He is going to love you forever!

They believed the fish would grow to the size of the aquarium

I know its been a while but i have been working like crazy last month. But i pulled the paint off and decided to paint the back black and im going bare bottom so i will paint the bottom with kryon stone paint to give it a sand look without the sand. I figure bb would help with cleaning up after the oscar.

Very cool man. I had 3 Oscars in a 55 Gallon before the tank busted :(. I always loved their personality. That guy will get huge in a 125 Gallon tank! Nice choice. I'm not sure but you could probably get him another oscar as a tank mate in a tank that size.

Glad you decided to go with the Oscar. I read a few posts and wanted to say Arows, most Gar Species, and all Rays even a Hystrix would outgrow the tank. The Fire Eel could last a while but eventually would need a 180 Gallon at least. I think a school of Silver Dollars would go well with the Oscar. This might be a cool setup
1 Oscar
6 Silver Dollars
3 Pictus Cats
2 Green Terrors

I like that stock but would the pictus get eaten alive by the oscar. Im also getting my hands on a royal fahaka or falala however u spell it pleco. I would like the double terrors wish i could breed them without all hell breaking loose. And also i forgot to mention my filteration will be diy sump rated at 540 gallon and for aeration for the royal and will be running 1 Rena XP4, 2 AC 110, and 1 Ehiem (rated for 170 gallons). I will be using the outputs on my rena, ehiem, and sump to blow a current on the bottom to help keep it clean

I don't think so they are really fast and have spines. The Oscar may try and will probably learn his lesson. They almost always reach 5" so I think the Oscar will leave them alone.

Farlowella! royal farlowella is how u spell it lol just hit me

I wouldnt do pictus cats they have spiny barbs if oscar eats it could get stuck in its mouth and u could end up with 2 dead fish

I figure i wish raphael would be active but alas

Glad you decided to go with the Oscar. I read a few posts and wanted to say Arows, most Gar Species, and all Rays even a Hystrix would outgrow the tank. The Fire Eel could last a while but eventually would need a 180 Gallon at least. I think a school of Silver Dollars would go well with the Oscar. This might be a cool setup
1 Oscar
6 Silver Dollars
3 Pictus Cats
2 Green Terrors

I wouldn't do this at all you need at least a 180 gallon for this stock plus green terrors would kill the pictus and maybe even the Oscar if they began to breed. I would do a stock of

1- Oscar
1- Striped Raphael or African Featherfin catfish
5- silver Dollars
1- Firemouth or Convict cichlid.

Or you could do a pair of oscars I would buy 4 young small juvies and wait for 2 to pair off then rehome the others then you could have a pair of breeding oscars.

Btw oscars are amazing fish you will love him. I have one and he's by far the best fish I have ever had.

I wouldn't do this at all you need at least a 180 gallon for this stock plus green terrors would kill the pictus and maybe even the Oscar if they began to breed. I would do a stock of

1- Oscar
1- Striped Raphael or African Featherfin catfish
5- silver Dollars
1- Firemouth or Convict cichlid.

Or you could do a pair of oscars I would buy 4 young small juvies and wait for 2 to pair off then rehome the others then you could have a pair of breeding oscars.

Btw oscars are amazing fish you will love him. I have one and he's by far the best fish I have ever had.

I would do the Featherfin. Raphaels stay even smaller than Pictus and they are a lot slower. They would be more likely to be eaten but Featherfins are great. You could do a pair of Convicts. They stay pretty small.

I would still not do a pair of convicts they would kill your Oscar as soon as they breed mine and my Oscar Baylor quite a bit but they do fine together I would just get a solo con if you get one. But ya the featherfin a are awesome fish pretty active to.

Back
Top Bottom