New 125 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think they would they just stay in the area of where their eggs are. They wouldn't chase the Oscar unless he went near the eggs. I keep a breeding pair in a 20 with 2 Africans and 3 Mayan cichlids and nobody ever gets hurt.

That's very shocking I still wouldn't mix a pair of those things with anything they are the meanest of all mid sized SA/CA cichlids.

A solo would be fine.

Wich ones are u saying that about cause I have a way over stocked at the moment 55 with about 30 cons a jack d a fire mouth and a silver dollar 2 mated pairs of cons with no aggression other than during mating and then only when they get to closes

The normal black convict is a highly aggressive fish that's the one I'm talking about.

Like this female wich is one of my many

Attachments

• image-3320466193.jpg
    image-3320466193.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 46
Yea did not say u didn't I was just saying that is one of around 30 in mine and if u think there bad look at red terrors and Red Devils just as aggressive as cons from what I have seen

Wich ones are u saying that about cause I have a way over stocked at the moment 55 with about 30 cons a jack d a fire mouth and a silver dollar 2 mated pairs of cons with no aggression other than during mating and then only when they get to closes

Exactly what I was saying. I would highly doubt that a breeding pair would kill an Oscar in a 125.

Trust me I know it seems unlikely I'm just saying I have seen it happen in my freinds tank a 12 inch Oscar got brutally killed by 4 inch convicts.

Yah I know terrors and Red Devils are aggressive I said mid sized cichlids last time I checked Red Devils were large cichlids.

True my cons might just be freaks cause they have been fine every thing I put in there except for a African cichlid I put in before I knew better

Sorry its been a while well i ended up moving into the bottom floor of a house so i got to hook my 125 up. First off my custom aka went to lowes light set. 6500K and 2900 lumens should do for my basic plants.

ForumRunner_20130515_000604.jpg

ForumRunner_20130515_000633.jpg

ForumRunner_20130515_000701.jpg

Im getting a slate looking background tomorrow for the back and im going to do pool
sand substrate also picking up tomorrow. Ialso have a mag drive 12.5 pump coming in friday or so that way i can finish my filter for it. All in all apprx. $325 into this tank.

ForumRunner_20130515_001316.jpg

Back
Top Bottom