New 125 pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really like the lighting system you've got going on. I'm definitely getting a 15k bulb.. color looks fantastic.

Great tank.

Here's a few "top down" shots.

top-b-millie_4-10.jpg

top-accardi_4-10.jpg

top-g-millie_4-10.jpg

top-r-nasuta_4-10.jpg

top-nana_4-10.jpg

top-cap_4-10.jpg

Looking good! How do you take top down pictures? They always look better than side pictures through the front or side panel of the tank. Do you just turn off all of the "flow?" Or do you take a picture through one of those viewing boxes? Or do you get an underwater case for you camera?
Thanks

Thanks. I use the inside box part of a HOB overflow. My camera just barely fits inside it and there's just enough room to click the shutter button. I put the camera strap around my neck (don't want to give the camera a bath), drop the camera in the box then hold the box slightly underwater and click away. ;)

Looks awesome! Iam interested to see your new lighting! The XM 10Ks with the actinics. Since that is what you convinced me to go with on mine:D

Thanks. :)
I love the lighting combo. These pics are about as close as I can get to what the color really looks like.

fts-r-l_5-10.jpg

fts_5-10.jpg

That looks really good! Like real sun light.

Yeah like white crisp sunlight. Do the actinics add much to the tank? I ran 10k Ushios for about 6-months with 2x VHO super actinics, but I didn't feel that my actinics were doing much to bring that slight blue color and "pop" to the coral. But I had Ushio 10k Halides, I think the XM 10ks are better from what I read.

The MH's pretty much wash out the VHO SuperActinics, but there is a noticable difference if they are on or off. Not much of the "pop" you get from the actinics, just more of a slight blue tint.

Here's a few updated shots looking down the length of the tank. These were taken with only the VHO SuperActinics on.

fts-l-r_7-19-10.jpg

fts-r-l_7-19-10.jpg

My work must be keeping the pictures from showing. Not seeing anything. I`ll look when I get home. I wanted to see those pics too.

Back
Top Bottom