New 20 gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man all these Tao lighting posts...I'm feeling left out :( haha jk sounds like the tank is coming along

I know right, if I only I didn't have so many bills right now I'd try one.... I doubt they'd beat that kessil of yours though

I know right, if I only I didn't have so many bills right now I'd try one.... I doubt they'd beat that kessil of yours though

All this Tao talk is why I bought one. Lol. If they work as well as so many have claimed I will buy 3 more to light my 92 gallon corner tank. Or if they end up being pieces of poop then I have only wasted 100 bucks and consider it a lesson learned. Lol. ?

All this Tao talk is why I bought one. Lol. If they work as well as so many have claimed I will buy 3 more to light my 92 gallon corner tank. Or if they end up being pieces of poop then I have only wasted 100 bucks and consider it a lesson learned. Lol. ?

Good point, and if they work like the reefbreeders value fixture then I imagine you'll be getting 3 more.

Haha, bribo, I'd rather have a kessil, they are amazing!

I got free shipping on mine, the prices are very on/off right now. Mine was originally $106 but they put it on sale.

I need some opinions please. I bought two 240gph korilia ph for this build. I also bought the korilia smart wave controller. Will this be beneficial to the ecosystem or is it more for personal human enjoyment?

The alternation of the waves is beneficial to the environment. It spread equal flow throughout instead of just blasting one side of the tank with flow.

I need some opinions please. I bought two 240gph korilia ph for this build. I also bought the korilia smart wave controller. Will this be beneficial to the ecosystem or is it more for personal human enjoyment?

With 240s in a 20 you may be better off just pointing them at each other and running both all the time. Not positive on this but I think the smart wave just turns one on and one off, or both on it doesn't allow you to control the intensity of the flow. And with 1 240 off your going to be on the way low side for flow

With 240s in a 20 you may be better off just pointing them at each other and running both all the time. Not positive on this but I think the smart wave just turns one on and one off, or both on it doesn't allow you to control the intensity of the flow. And with 1 240 off your going to be on the way low side for flow

Yeah, the smart wave only allows for alternation, not controllability of intensity.

Should I return one of the 240's and grab a 460ish? Should I return the smart wave and get something different?

Are you planning on keeping sps?
Edit: I personally wouldn't spend the money on the smart wave, but that's really up to you

A dead spot is a low flow area where things start to settle. It can cause nutrient issues or even cyano. I would say start them about half to 2/3 the way up the side walls and aim them at each other and go from there. Each set up is a little different so you may have to play with the ph placement to get it right for your tank/scape

A 425 and 240 would probably be barely enough for sps. 2 425s would be better. I had a 240 and 425 and it was ok but I got some dead spots. I upgraded to an mp10 and it's much better

I'm having a hard time justifying 250 for one power head for the mo10's. Two 425s would be to much flow for softies and Lps tho right?

You could try one of the new jaebos there like a combination of the k-nanos and the vortechs

Back
Top Bottom