New 20 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my case I run it 65%W, 55%B, and my SPS are colorfull. So maybe 40W leds is perfect for SPS.

40 watts of 0.06 watt leds is much different than 40 watts of 3 watt leds. I forget but how much were you looking into spending on lighting?

This light look like cool. Order one that fit your tank for the size of the light... I mean, don't buy something bigger than your tank :p

Yeah I know. The thing is they have the Nano that's for 16.8g and then another model for 38g so they are weird increments. Not sure if I need the nano or the other one.

That's a total of 33 watts, for 11 diodes of 3 watts each. I would go for the nano one, You'll be able to exploit it at 100%.

Price look really nice for me, I think you'll be happy with this. In my case can't run over 40W on my 20g... 33W is perfect for you. You should be able to grow SPS with that !!

Hey Macscale, have you checked out Aquatraders as suggested by Bribo earlier in this thread? There are some quality fixtures for pretty nice prices.

I'm not sure what your tank measures, but check out this 15" clip on fixture. It utilizes twenty, 3W LEDs for a total of 60W. If im not mistaken, you could even house LPS corals. The only downside is that it is not dimmable.

http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Lighting-EVO-Quad-Clip-Timer-p/56571.htm

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had originally planned on ordering a fixture like this for myself, but it is not big enough for my new setup. It should be perfect for a 20H though.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom