New 26 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have some extra shells for them to switch in to

salt fish aren't like fresh water fish. you just can't put as many in a confined space, no matter how clean the water is. they will stress out, immune systems will get weaker, and they will get sick. either that or they will jump on you, or kill each other.
that said, it's never bad to have extra filtration.

how many fish per gallon would you recommend, how many inch of fishe per gallon?

blahhhh i just went to look and my fish and saw one of my hermitcrabs eating soemthing, looked liek a claw so i looked around at my other hermit crabs and one was flipped over and yep, it ate the other one :( little against big, doesn't work to well

it could have just been a molt. they look just like a dead crab.

you can't use the inches of fish per gallon rule on salt water. you have to research each fish and plan your tank that way.
some like to school, and stay close together and can be kept in smaller tanks while others grow large and are water column swimmers and need very large tanks. some sit on the sand bed most of the time without moving and are good for small tanks too.
go to live aquaria or premium aquatics and look at their fish lists. pick a fish you like and then find out what size tank they can be kept in. most livestock websites will have that listed for you.

well the shell was flipped over and it looked liek it had a pinkish end to the claw, the shell also looked empty but it also could have been way in the shell which i left in just incase it another wants the extra shell.

i've been to live aquaria and most of the fish it says need a 20 gallon. but i don't know if a clownfish is just the lown fish in a 20 gallon or if its more then one

you could have a pair of clowns and possibly another fish in a 26 gallon.
just pick small clowns like perculas or oscellaris. no maroon clowns. they get too big.

the two i have are perculas. there is still alot of space in the water for more and i eventually plan on getting a bigger aquarium so i could alway put them in something larger once they get bigger

Back
Top Bottom