New 29 Gallon Advice Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The rock may have come in on the roots of a plant? I get hitchhiking substrate when I buy live plants

You could try adding tannins to the water if the angel is light sensitive. I found this helped with a few fish that I had, that hid every time I turned the lights on.

Tannins leech out of driftwood, coconut shells, almond leaves and a few other sources that others may suggest. I got mine when I built coconut huts-they leeched for about a month lol

The rock may have come in on the roots of a plant? I get hitchhiking substrate when I buy live plants

You could try adding tannins to the water if the angel is light sensitive. I found this helped with a few fish that I had, that hid every time I turned the lights on.

Tannins leech out of driftwood, coconut shells, almond leaves and a few other sources that others may suggest. I got mine when I built coconut huts-they leeched for about a month lol

He is no longer light sensitive. I think he was just getting acclimated to my tank. Thank you, I just wanted to make sure my rock wasn't something bad.

Macros are N p k

Micros are other trace elements. Fe mg mn s b cu co mo n ect....

Your lights are not super bright but imo doesnt hurt. Your trying to find balance of par, nutrients, and co2.

I work with macros and micros in day job and after 30 yrs im no expert. Its a big world. After you learn basics study mobile and immobile nutrients and what there deficiencies look like. That get ya going right direction.

Tank off to awesome start.

IMG_1581.jpg My anubia a seem to be turning yellow. Could it be under or over Excel dose? Also I have been adding an extra 1/2 of light every week. I'm up to 9hrs. How do I know when the light is right?

1. 9 hrs may be ok for your stock light id leave it there right now.
2. When you make changes to light, nutrients, or co2. Try to limit multiple changes at once and allow at least a week maybe two to analize changes.
3. Anubias likes a little shade.
4. Sometimes they dont like moved once happy
5 A fish took.a bite
6. Looks like macro deficiency

1. 9 hrs may be ok for your stock light id leave it there right now.
2. When you make changes to light, nutrients, or co2. Try to limit multiple changes at once and allow at least a week maybe two to analize changes.
3. Anubias likes a little shade.
4. Sometimes they dont like moved once happy
5 A fish took.a bite
6. Looks like macro deficiency

How do I give them shade? I will look into macros. Any you can suggest. Thank you for always being so helpful. I ordered the pliers you suggested but I'm still waiting for them since they are coming from China.

Shade as in....they seem to like a little bit of understory.

Do not need to be in direct light. Have you moved it?

Your tank size, current plants, light ect....seachem product line imo would work fine. You can learn about nutrients and decide on EI or PPS pro in the future.

One of my bronze cories has gone missing. I haven't seen him in a few days. I did a water change & searched all decorations & plants. I even checked the filter. No sign of him anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom