New 29 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently upgraded my 20 gallon aquarium to a 29 gallon. I was wondering if I still have to do water changes once every week or if I can get away with doing them once every two weeks. I've been noticing now that when I do my water changes not a lot of waste comes out. I have an Eheim 2213 and an Aquaclear 50 running on my tank.

You should test for nitrates and let that decide on your WC frequency based on how fast your fish load builds it up. Do 50% WC when NO3 gets between 20 & 30 ppm. OS.

Oh yah I forgot i can test my water. I don't usually have fish die because I have a lot of experience with aquariums so that's why I forgot I can test my water. Btw what is the best brand of test strips that I should buy?

LOL Don't waste your money on test strips! Too inaccurate. Get the API Master Test Kit. It's the standard for most all in here. OS.

I have an old master test kit that my friend gave me made by aquarium pharmaceuticals INC. I'm not sure how old it is and it has no expire date on it so I'm not sure if it works. When ever I use it on my tanks everything is good each time so I'm not sure if it's telling the truth but I don't usually have fish die.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389487703.216301.jpg this is what the kit looks like

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389487735.904028.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389487735.904028.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom