New 300 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. Looking forward to watching it grow up. Pretty awesome even as small as it is

Been a little bit since I've shown updates on the 300. (Shark is still good in the 150)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391295511.766675.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391295529.260329.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391295580.555135.jpg

Got a couple new additions today. A 10" unicorn tang an a 5" one spot rabbit fish. The tang was in a tank way too small for it and the guy gave it to a local fish store. It's pretty beat up, but got it for a fraction of what even a small one would cost. It's swimming around and seems like it'll do well. Just needs time for it to heal up. He keeps the grouper in check nicely too which is a bonus. I'll post pics soon.

Here's a couple pictures. The tang is doing great. Which makes it tough to take a picture with it swimming so fast. But he seems happy. The rabbit fish is still getting used to things as the grouper has to let it know who's boss. They're getting along better now and it's swimming out in the open more and more. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391996508.590816.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391996525.459685.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391996544.626951.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391996565.869205.jpg

Here's a couple pictures. The tang is doing great. Which makes it tough to take a picture with it swimming so fast. But he seems happy. The rabbit fish is still getting used to things as the grouper has to let it know who's boss. They're getting along better now and it's swimming out in the open more and more.

That tang looks like that fish off the simpsons! (remember the one with 3 eyes) not in a bad way, just it looks wierd.

Rabbit fish looks cool too!

Haha.. It does. It actually seems to have a face. Glad it doesn't have the third eye. May not have taken if it did. Actually I would.. Lol.

Haha.. It does. It actually seems to have a face. Glad it doesn't have the third eye. May not have taken if it did. Actually I would.. Lol.

Lol, saw i giant one of them at my lfs, like a 14"!!! When fed he would jump out of the water to get the food before the others lol. They had him in a 125, whats the minimum on them?

A 125 is way too small for them. I think live aquaria.com says 250 gallons. I would definitely say an 8 foot tank is the minimum. This guy is non stop swimming. They get about 2 ft in length, so even 8 feet will be somewhat small when they're that size. It ate a lot today, which I'm happy about.

Here's. closer look at its "face". Kinda freaky with that big eye staring at me... Lol. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392091240.945480.jpg

He's special alright. Cool guy though. His tail and fins are jacked up for vein in a small tank. Everyone it turned around, it would scrape the rock. I'm hoping they'll grow back to normal eventually. I'm sure it will take some time though. He seems very healthy other than the tail and fins. Very active and eating great.

Back
Top Bottom