New 36 bow front need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the return pump... And I have a question about the overflow because my boyfriend is a little taken back by drilling holes into the aquariums I'm just wondering if I could make my own I've been looking but I can't find anywhere where it tells you what you can use or if it would just be cheaper to buy one..

Stay away from the powersweep. The maxijets are good. I use them for just about everything. I like the quiet one pumps for return pumps, but only because I can get them at petsmart... I am sure there is better. What size will depend on the flow you want through your sump, and how much your overflow can handle. For a 46 you should be looking at maybe 250-300 gph at whatever height your return will be. For an overflow I would get something that could handle 750 gph... now for circulation inside the aquarium you could use the maxijets with the propeller to give you more flow, or the hydor korilias, even better would be mp40s if only I could afford them...

Oh ok thank you so much!! And petsmart carries quiet one?? I work there and have never heard of them lol

Ha nvm I know what pumps your talking about my store is clearing them out and we only have the small ones..

Sorry my internet is down, but you can just google diy pvc overflow. I have a youtube video of mine in action, its called cheap diy overflow, and my youtube name is the same as here.

Oh ok thank you so much!!!! So i think thats what ill be getting then is a quiet one pump you guys are soooo much help!!

Back
Top Bottom