New 37gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankGirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is a crummy pic of my newly set up 37g, which will be home to a pair of black calvus, and likely a school of praecox rainbows for the upper strata.

Lighting has not arrived yet, but will be pc fluoro with moonlights. Hopefully subsequent pics of this tank as it evolves will be better!

normal_37g%20ARLC.jpg

Looks real nice! Is that the one that sits in front of your desk?
Get us some more pics once it completely done!

This is how it looks from the doorway to my office, my desk area behing the new tank.
normal_s%20office.jpg

And here is a view from sortof behind my chair.
normal_s%20office_.jpg

I have the same problem.....from my desk where I'm studying I can see both of my tanks and I have to admit, it does cause delay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

New 37gal *update*

Thanks!
It was temporary home to a couple of peacock females, then lost the cycle when I removed them, so I just finished fishless today. I have anubias and valisneria in there (don't know how they will do with 50/50 actinic/daylight PC but giving it a try - anubias sporting a new leaf or two) but am having a "new tank" bacterial bloom, which I have not had happen in forever. Params are perfect today but it is murky, so I'll wait 'till it clears to take a pic of the final tank. Kids can't understand why Mommy has a "fuzzy" tank!

I found the Eheim Ecco 2234 was not moving much water, unfortunately, so I bought a 2236 and am currently running both together ( 0X ) but will likely use the 2234 on a smaller tank. I love the design of this Ecco series but I was disappointed with the flow rate.

Then I'll get the rainbows first, and after they are settled in for 3-4 weeks for what will amount to a quarrantine period, I'll order the calvus. This is what I'm planning on (pic courtesy of Armke's):
alto_calvus_blackfin.JPG

Good question, and Welcome to Aquarium Advice! :mrgreen:

In my case, there were particles suspended in the water from the hornwort that you can see in the first picture, and when the particles would go past the filter intake they would not be sucked in. This is one of the many benefits of having a tank just two feet from your workstation - you can observe tiny particles all day long, if you want to. :wink:

TankGirl, are you going to order the Alto's from Armke? I got some Daffodils and Julies from them maybe 6 years ago and was quite pleased.

Either from them or from Bluegrasscichlids.com - depending on who has them when I am ready. I have heard very good things about both so I am comfortable either way. Armke's always has a lot of calvus, because they are particularly partial to them, so I feel like they might be a good choice for this particular fish. I am now fully obsessed with calvus now and can't wait! Who couldn't love that mug? :D

Thanks for the feedback on Armke's, OBX - it pays to listen to what customers have to say!

Back
Top Bottom