New 5 gallon ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacos377

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just set up a little 5 gallon aquarium for my little sister. I have the heater and lights but I need filter advice because I've never done this small of a tank. Finally, stocking ideas?!!

I know your probably expecting this suggestion but you cant go wrong with shrimp!

I'm sort of in the same boat. I haven't set it up yet but planning my little girls 5gal. So far the best option I believe is a Betta which kinda suits me as I want to try my hand at breeding them. It's going to be live planted with maybe a mystery snail. The only I'm not sure of is filter as well. I'm leaning towards an Aquaclear mini/20 but am not sure if that is too much

I know!!! I was expecting that. My sister definately wants a fish though. She told me goldfish but I know that's probably not realistic in a 5 gallon... Fish ideas?

Just reading your other thread and I think for her 5gal I'm going to do a Betta with two or three pepper corys and ramshorn snails. Might try to find some blue ones as she wants pink gravel lol

I've heard that a dwarf puffer will work in a 5gal but they are a lot of work. They are messy eaters as they always leave leftovers which need to be removed. They are super cute though. I currently have an Amazon puffer in a 5gal Fluval Chi. It's fun watching him stalk snails

I currently have a 5 gallon full of snails but once I clear it out I'm thinking of stocking it with shrimp.

Just reading your other thread and I think for her 5gal I'm going to do a Betta with two or three pepper corys and ramshorn snails. Might try to find some blue ones as she wants pink gravel lol

A 5g is not large enough for any Cories. Single Betta or possibly Chili Rasboras, but Red Cherry Shrimp are best idea, if you don't want a Betta.

Goldfish NO NO NO !!!
They need 20g bare minimum for one Fancy. Common Goldfish need a pond.

Lol after seeing that video I think she is sold. Anyways, thanks everyone for helping me convince her. I also happen to have colormax betta food laying around anyway.

Yeah, 1 male betta, 1 scarlet badis, 1 dwarf ouffer, 5 galaxy rasbora, or 5 Chili rasbor Are really te only fish

I used a tetra whisper 10i in my 5.5 with a crownatil male with much success. I did not like it tho because it took crucial space in the tank.

Yay Betta! I love mine, he has such personality and he'll take pellets out of my fingers lol I have a Marina S10 on my betta tank; it works well.

Back
Top Bottom