New 55 gal tank set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks nice and clean. Once you get some rock in there it'll look awesome!

Is that a damsel in there? Unless you are totally sure you wanna keep it now is the time to get it out while theres no rock. They tend to be a bit bossy and aggressive. :)

Looks great! The pics with the fish make it the tank look like a 500-600 gallon tank lol. Gonna look amazing:) just take it one step at a time

So it's been a week and there is a film on the surface of the water. The algae problem I had in my previous tank is starting again. Growing on the LR, glass and sand, making everything look dirty. I'm thinking it's because of the LR I transferred over. I'm going to do a partial water change to hopefully take care of the film ( which I'm guessing is cause by the LR die off??). Is there a simple fix to the algae or is it time to throw it out and buy more?

Do you have powerheads aggitating the surface really good? It sounds like its just a film build up that's normal if the surface is still. The bacteria will subside, dial back some on the lighting, just be careful and stay on top of it because if you get a ton of die-off at one time, it'll possibly spike the tank

I have an arrow crab with 3 legs left. That's it. What do you recommend?

Hey guys, been a while. Made some improvements to the tank. I'll have some pictures up later.
Just picked up a maroon clown the other day. I acclimated him over about two hr period. He seems to stay close to the side of my tank, relatively close to the bottom and rarely moves. It's only been one day. Just wondering if this is normal.

Back
Top Bottom