New 55 Gallon Freshwater Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

backmamba

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It currently holds:
- 1 Dragon/Violet Goby.
- 4 Dwarf Gouramies. (1m 3fm)

ForumRunner_20120410_203238.jpg

ForumRunner_20120410_203250.jpg

ForumRunner_20120410_203303.jpg

And advice for future additions, or just anything els is welcomed!!!

backmamba said:
It currently holds:
- 1 Dragon/Violet Goby.

Sorry to be a spoilsport but the violet goby is actually a brackish water fish! They will live in fresh but not for long...and they also get very, very long if they survive....

Predfan27 said:
Sorry to be a spoilsport but the violet goby is actually a brackish water fish! They will live in fresh but not for long...and they also get very, very long if they survive....

Yeahhh bro, i learned that a little while ago, after walmart sold them as a straight up freshwater fish.. i would make the water brackish.. but then my gouramies wouldnt survive, right?.. but...ive read DG's do "just fine" in fresh water.

backmamba said:
Yeahhh bro, i learned that a little while ago, after walmart sold them as a straight up freshwater fish.. i would make the water brackish.. but then my gouramies wouldnt survive, right?.. but...ive read DG's do "just fine" in fresh water.

Plus what Walmart fails to tell you is that these fish (the dragon) need to be kept in low light and only eat at night and they are VERY susceptible to diseases so water changes are important, my friend had one and it died very quickly because of all the lack of information

I do like the rock in the tank very pretty and it gives the dragon lots of places to hide which is great, does need some kind of background though

backmamba said:
It currently holds:
- 1 Dragon/Violet Goby.

Very nice set up!
How is your dragon goby? I was looking at them in Walmart a while back. They totally freak me out but intrigue me at the same time. Kudos to you for having one :)

Mumma.of.two said:
+1
They are.
I would really recommend you either rehome the goby or get it it's own brackish tank. It's not going to last very long in fresh water.

agreed plus its not good to keep them with anything but their own kind other types of fish carry diseases that these guys can pick up very easily, I had wanted one but after researching them they seem like allot of maintenance just to keep them healthy

smomus said:
Very nice set up!
How is your dragon goby? I was looking at them in Walmart a while back. They totally freak me out but intrigue me at the same time. Kudos to you for having one :)

Hes awesome! Sooo much fun to watch. And really fun to watch peoples reactions when they see just his head poking out of his cave :D

Back
Top Bottom