New 55 gallon... Have a few questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike921

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I started with my 5 gallon spec which isn't doing well with plants ATM due to low nitrates I believe.
Any way I have dwarf hair grass in both tanks my hair grass hasn't started sprouting runners and has been established for over a month now was wondering why it hasn't I'm more or less wondering because I want the hair grass in my 55 to carpet the bottom I just wanted to see what I'm doing wrong?!

Ok so I started with my 5 gallon spec which isn't doing well with plants ATM due to low nitrates I believe.
Any way I have dwarf hair grass in both tanks my hair grass hasn't started sprouting runners and has been established for over a month now was wondering why it hasn't I'm more or less wondering because I want the hair grass in my 55 to carpet the bottom I just wanted to see what I'm doing wrong?!

Hi! Let's start off with these questions:

What sort of lighting do you have?
How long do your lights run?
Are you dosing any ferts?
Do you have pressurized CO2 or a liquid carbon supplement?
What is your substrate?

My 5 has the light that came with the fluval spec which I want to find something better i can use both tanks I use API co2 booster on the 5 runs for 10 hours/day with fluval shrimp stratum. The 55 has a 48 inch aqueon modular led fixture which I found out more about the spectrums after I bought it and that runs for 9 hours/day

Back
Top Bottom