New 55 gallon help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

croatian2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all !

Today I put my new 55 gallon together with only adding the sand, water and heater.Also put inthe sand clarifier and conditioner.I am going to wait until tomorrow to put the first hob filter after the sand settles abit.
Then I will add decor,water circulation pump and other tidbits.
Was wondering if this ok and what some of you would do for this and for stocking?
I am looking into peacocks,haps and Calvus .
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Make sure to cycle your tank before adding fish. But African Cichlids are cool but I think new worlds are so much more personable and cooler. Before you make a final decision on the Africans google blue Acaras, firemouths, severums and green terror cichlids tell me what you think about those fish haha.

But if you want Africans I would definitely get yellow labs and cobalt blues both are easy to find and beautiful! I think red zebras would work well with those 2 species to but I'm not sure. Maybe do a stock of
5- Red Zebra
5- Yellow labs
5- Cobalt Blue Cichlids
You might be able to throw in 1 African Featherfin Catfish to.

I was always wanting to try Africans first .

The sa or ca's wouldn't like my african sand I put in, it's for high ph.

Make sure to cycle your tank before adding fish. But African Cichlids are cool but I think new worlds are so much more personable and cooler. Before you make a final decision on the Africans google blue Acaras, firemouths, severums and green terror cichlids tell me what you think about those fish haha.

But if you want Africans I would definitely get yellow labs and cobalt blues both are easy to find and beautiful! I think red zebras would work well with those 2 species to but I'm not sure. Maybe do a stock of
5- Red Zebra
5- Yellow labs
5- Cobalt Blue Cichlids
You might be able to throw in 1 African Featherfin Catfish to.

I would love to the above fire mouths and green terrors but I would have to try that later cause of the sand.

Oh hmm never heard of that before. That's interesting though if it works I guess Africans are your only option.

Back
Top Bottom