new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome looking tank! Great job.

I have a 55 and I have 300gph coming from the return pump split into two lines.

I have a new fish that won't eat and is being chased by other fish what can I do I use garlic extreme and selcon in the food.... He has been in my tank 4 days is it ok or should I start to worry..... Will he come around and start eating..... All he dose is sit up in the corner of my tank no swimming..... As soon as he leaves he is chased back there.... HELP PLEASE

You could take the aggressive fish out and put them in the qt for a while, then reintroduce them later. I don't know if it will work, but at least you may be able to get the new arrival eating.

Well got the fish pulled out in my refuge until it gets use to the tank then will add the other back to the tank

Ok well I got all the fish back together everyone seems to be fine. And the tank seems to just get better.... I haven't had any water issues everything is right on think I am going to try another sps this weekend and see is it all works out I am hoping so I am also raising the lights on my tank so I hope that will help as well with everything

I have them 12 inches off the top of the water so the mh won't heat up the water with the hot Arizona summer coming real quick

I've been through there. IMO, i like the heat better there. Less humid than the heat here.. can breathe easier. Unless I touch like a car or walk barefoot on the asphalt.. lol.

Do you have a lot of evaporation with the MH? I would think highering them would lower evaporation but I'm not sure. Do you have an auto top off?

Yeah I don't mind the heat but some times I just want a change that's why I am going to south Florida lol

Yes I have an auto top off so evaporation was not really an issue

Ok so this is frustrating every time I try to load a pic of my tank it is telling me they r past my quota of pic size

What I do is just upload to tinypic or photobucket and then post the

Back
Top Bottom