new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok well the chiller has been going for 24 hrs. Has the tank pulled down to 77.5 deg..... It has been super quiet and was very easy to hook up and get running.... Over all I am happy with this chiller so far....

Ok so here we go it's been a week with the reefkeeper RKL system.... Install was very easy..... Programming was easy as well.... The only issue I had was getting the my reef 2.0 to read the system.... But that was I needed to updated my reef 2.0... So no problem there.... I am using it to run my lights heater and chiller..... It has made keeping the temp of my tank very easy and now my light cycle is is set up to run for 8 hrs and don't have to worry about the m/h over heating my tank.... All and all system is worth every penny spent.....

Glad you like your RKL. It's expensive but it keeps everything nice and orderly. :-D

I love shutting down equipment with the push of a button along with all the other features.

I just have the alrams set up for ph and temperature right now. I really need to monkey around with it some more. lol I kinda just set it up initially and left it.

Ok so I am making changes to my tank I will show pics as I go but it will be a long time to complete....

First thing was 29 gallon refuge is now gone working on a new way to have macro in my system....

Second thing 40 watt uv is gone after using it for about a year I came to a conclusion it is not doing as much to justify spending more money on a new bulb....

More to come as it is going along
Thanks everyone for all the help and support on this tank

Good luck with the changes. :) I have always been on the fence about UV's and this is the reason why, lol, it seems to not do too much good for the cost. ;-)

Hey Rob,
Why did you ditch the Bio-pellet reactor? I've heard conflicting accounts of using those, mostly bad ones!

I am still using them I just ditched the big a$$ reactor that I had and moved them to the phosban 150 from two little fishies to save some room in my sump

I have seen the no3 drop to .01 bit the phosphate is still around 20 ppm so I am going to run some Gfo to help get it down

Cool thanks, trying to figure out how I want to approach reactors for my tank. I'm thinking a large reactor for GFO and a large reactor for Carbon. The BRS dual reactor is too small.
But I was thinking about bio-pellets too

Back
Top Bottom