New 60 Gallon (Now 40b) Build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skywhitney said:
Stage 1 of the plumbing done! The reactor is plumbed in and the new hoses have all been installed.

Thanks for the reference pic blert, its exactly what i was looking for!

Now to set up the CO2...

Well done. Told you it was easy.

Ok so as of about 3pm i was completely done setting up the system.

List of things done today (more for my reference):
- hoses changed from black to clear PVC braided
- CO2 reactor plumbed into the filtration system
- 5# CO2 tank and PH controler attached to filtration system
- Removed airline from middle of tank
- 50% PWC
- trimmed plants
- Removed the Amazon sword that was in the rear middle of tank
- got a new split lid to avoid any future Free Willy reenactments

View attachment 84618

View attachment 84619

View attachment 84620

I was also looking through some of my pictures an thought this was kinda cool. The first pic is day one that i had the tank. The second picture is my tank as of tonight.

View attachment 84622

View attachment 84621

Last edited:
skywhitney said:
Ok so as of about 3pm i was completely done setting up the system.

List of things done today (more for my reference):
- hoses changed from black to clear PVC braided
- CO2 reactor plumbed into the filtration system
- 5# CO2 tank and PH controler attached to filtration system
- Removed airline from middle of tank
- 50% PWC
- trimmed plants
- Removed the Amazon sword that was in the rear middle of tank
- got a new split lid to avoid any future Free Willy reenactments

I was also looking through some of my pictures an thought this was kinda cool. The first pic is day one that i had the tank. The second picture is my tank as of tonight.

WOwowowow!!! What a difference! Its looking so much better! I'm sure your fry love hiding in the "jungle" lol

George9 said:
WOwowowow!!! What a difference! Its looking so much better! I'm sure your fry love hiding in the "jungle" lol

They absolutely do! :) it's funny to watch the bigger fish try to navigate through the jungle...most have stopped trying now.

My Hydor just got here! Time to figure out how to install it without getting water everywhere...

Last edited:
skywhitney said:
They absolutely do! :) it's funny to watch the bigger fish try to navigate through the jungle...most have stopped trying now.

My Hydor just got here! Time to figure out how to install it without getting water everywhere...

Oh geez, good luck with that! Try not to get too wet :| You can take the ugly heater out of the tank now and clear it up a bit :)

skywhitney said:
Done! Here is the "final" (final until i change something else lol) outcome! And even better....i didn't get water everywhere! :)

Niiccccee!!! What is the plant to the right if the driftwood. It's a big bunch, and you look to the right of the driftwood, it's the first bunch of plant.

And what kind of lights are you running?

George9 said:
Niiccccee!!! What is the plant to the right if the driftwood. It's a big bunch, and you look to the right of the driftwood, it's the first bunch of plant.

And what kind of lights are you running?

In which pic are you referring?

My lights are a Wavepoint 36" quad T5HO.

George9 said:
Sorry. The first pic, the front shot

If you're referring to the little hedge looking bunch they are just trimmings of my Didipilis Diandra that i replanted.

Sorry lol. Its this one right here. Is that the diandra one too?
29ecf4.png

George9 said:
Sorry lol. Its this one right here. Is that the diandra one too?

Lol yeah thats Diandra too :). People give it mixed reviews but it grows like a weed for me!

One of my Platys just had 32 fry! What am i going to do with all of these babies?!

skywhitney said:
One of my Platys just had 32 fry! What am i going to do with all of these babies?!

Oh my gosh!! 32 is awesome! Man, you got a ton of fry now. You said you had 2 platies due, did the second one pop yet?

You should sell then and make some cash ;$

George9 said:
Oh my gosh!! 32 is awesome! Man, you got a ton of fry now. You said you had 2 platies due, did the second one pop yet?

You should sell then and make some cash ;$

Thats just 32 newborns, there are still about 15 in the main tank and 18 in the fry tank.

I already sold about 4 of them....that just leaves erm... a never ending supply!!

Back
Top Bottom