New 75 g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still a couple weeks out yet.gotta get pump and sand I got plenty of lr so I'm good on that lol

I have access to the sand flats in the gulf of.Mexico any one ever use substrate directly from the ocean? It's about 3 miles out where we go scslloping so pollution is no concern. Or should I just buy some?

It's illegal to remove anything alive from the water. Fishing on the other hand u still need a license. I fix a lot of FWC's boat trailers so I asked one of the officers one day bc I had the same idea. No Bueno

bskerrichard27 said:
I have access to the sand flats in the gulf of.Mexico any one ever use substrate directly from the ocean? It's about 3 miles out where we go scslloping so pollution is no concern. Or should I just buy some?

Buy it!!! I know a guy who used the gulf sand and crashed his tank. Of course, he didn't rinse. You would have to rinse really well- and not get caught taking the sand!

And from what I read its only illegal to harvest for resale ..I could be wrong but nothing says anything about personal use

Kinda staged a bunch on that show makes it corny lol ....I will just buy some

It's getting there next I'm getting my pump...I'm not rich so a little at a time is all the wife allows lol

Back
Top Bottom