New 75 gal cichlid tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got some more plecos for the 75... Albino bristle-nose!! Got 2 from Petco, $4 each!! Pretty good deal I'd say!!

i would return one of your plecos. 3 is a huge bio load. i have one atm, and im debating rehoming him bcuz he poops so much, and hes only 4 1/2".
1 or 2 bn plecos would be okay. i would add a couple more barbs to your school, this will make them school better, and it would be more for the other fish to chase.

Can I do 3 plecos if I do a wc 30% like each week??

Also I have a 37 gal w/ a 7in pleco in it and he does create a HUGE bio load. But I do wc every week about 25%-30% and that tank seems fine!!

Fish4bass8 said:
Can I do 3 plecos if I do a wc 30% like each week??

Also I have a 37 gal w/ a 7in pleco in it and he does create a HUGE bio load. But I do wc every week about 25%-30% and that tank seems fine!!

You CAN do anything you like, but 3 plec's, as well as two pairs of cichlids and a school of barbs is gonna generate some serious ammo each week. You will likely be doing multiple pwc's a week.

If it were me. I wouldn't add any pleco's. I think I said it before in this thread that cichlids are messy eaters and create a ton of waste themselves. 3 poop factories on top of them can create some seriously toxic water if not maintained properly.

It really comes down to how much time/work you want to invest into this tank/set up.

Back
Top Bottom