New 75 gallon African Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefermadness52

Aquarium Advice Activist
image-3247762353.jpg

image-355154651.jpg

http://youtu.be/zLHkQsBdktk

My African Cichlads
3 BumbleBees
3 Jewel
4 Acei
3 Peacock
1 Yellow Banded
1 1 Red Banded
3 Yellow Labs

18 Total

Also
1 Fetherfin Catfish
2 Upsidedown Catfish

21 fish total in a 75 gallon tank

48x22x18 All Glass Aquarium

Rena Filstar XP3 canister

Coralife compaq flourescent 50/50 lighting

6 lbs Aragonite size 00 sand

4 lbs SeaChem Black Onyx sand

4 lbs SeaChem Black Onyx gravel

19 lbs Camas WA area lava rock

5 lbs Sea Mist Slate rock

20 lbs river rock

Looks awesome! I'm going to start an African cichlid tank in the next couple months. Hopefully with some peacocks and labs... Dunno what else yet :)

Nice setup. I guess you didn't like my South American ideas enough! Haha, just some constructive criticism...you should try to get move height with the rocks. They are all really low to the "ground". If you get a few caves around the middle of the tank they will use them more.

Thanks for the compliments and for the suggestion. I am waiting for a delivery from Big Al's Online for my order of Cichlid stones and they'll go behind the rocks. They are made of ceramic, have caves in them, and I can pile those high in the back. I ordered the 15 piece package...

I will, BTW - discovered a neat way to fee the Acei s, Bumble bees, and Jewelies their veggies. This is the Ocean Nutrition nori seaweed attached with the clip I use in the reef tank. I only use a quarter of a strip and it takes the little guys all day to graze on it.

image-1364829168.jpg

I would also look into adding more substrate general rule is a pound per gallon.

If you like it then leave it. I'm not saying that it looks bad it's a very nice set up. But cichlids love to dig and dig then dig some more and with only 15 pounds of substrate in a 75 they are going to expose the bottom of the aquarium more often then you like.

All together your tank looks great!

Back
Top Bottom