new 90 gallon tank! what to put in it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yago

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:Have a new 90 gallon tank. But what should i do. I have a 55 gallon angel tank. A 30 gallon community tank. I thought of Discus. Silver Dollars. Pacu. I want something different, but i can't think of anything off the bat. Any suggestions?

What did you want? A few larger fish? A bunch of smaller fish? Peaceful? Agressive?

With a 90 gallon, the possibilities are endless. A cichlid tank would be really awesome though. IMO.

if you want discus in there

thats all you can have is DISCUS they are really hard to take care of make sure you have water chemistry down to an exact point!!!! i love discus tho

you can get discus that are really small for like 5 dollars

i know this may be a bit off topic... okay WAY off topic how do you know when your Upside-down catfish is dead??? does it float right side up?? or what?

how do you know when your Upside-down catfish is dead??? does it float right side up?? or what?

Nope. It will likely turn white, and float upside down like most other dead fish do. Nothing different about it, as far as I know.

If you want to go with some larger, schooling fish, get a few tinfoil barbs, silver dollars, striped barbs, and for the bottom get some catfish and loaches

Ooooh, the possibilities.

I think a discus could be a great project. A beautiful tank with one... mayyybe 2 would be stunning.

May I also suggest a lovable Oscar?!
<-------

Failing those, I like the cichlid tank idea. I've heard that pacus (which get 3 feet) need like 300 gallons of water, and if you get one and he gets too big, it's gonna be a ***** to move it.

Discus like company. 2 Adults would be good, but juveniles like about 6 in a group. That's why I moved my angels in with the Discus at the time. I has 2 die ... long story...hard to monitor water quality on a weeks vacation... The remaining 3 got skittish, but when the angels were added they perked up.

Back
Top Bottom