New 90g reef ready tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think I've finally found how I want my aquascape to be, it's quite stable to so hopefully gonna start sticking them all together tomorrow, ive left some flat spots on top for coral and a some sheltered spots so hopefully It's all good. Heres some
Pics.

kdpuffer said:
That looks awesome, make sure to glue it together.

Thanks, the glue is gonna be the hard part, I'll have to break it up and glue them in sections so it can fit in the tank lol.

kdpuffer said:
Or you can put it in the tank gluing as you go then fill with water once it's cured.

Was thinking about doing that but then thought about if I ever have to break the tank down for some Reason I wouldn't be able to get it back out. :/

EmperorFish said:
looks pretty sweet ...awesome :)

Thanks, kinda having second thoughts about it now tho, I think it needs to be higher as my tank is quite deep.

Hey mate I couldn't get any response on my own threads so thought I post a lil update on my current fish setup. I have a 30 litre buckets full with live rock and 2 regal tangs inside. They look really happy in there with all the live rock. Hopefully I'll be moving them up 2 and actual aquarium soon.

Anyway I was just giving you an idea while waiting for your own tank to cycle and things.
Good luck

Steo the great said:
Hey mate I couldn't get any response on my own threads so thought I post a lil update on my current fish setup. I have a 30 litre buckets full with live rock and 2 regal tangs inside. They look really happy in there with all the live rock. Hopefully I'll be moving them up 2 and actual aquarium soon.

Anyway I was just giving you an idea while waiting for your own tank to cycle and things.
Good luck

Are you serious? Gd luck with that lol

Quick question, I'm filling my tank up today to check for leaks and I'm doin it in the house :/ (wish me luck lol) my question is when do I turn my return pump on?

Supra said:
Once the water level is higher than the return pump?
Supra

I know its a silly question, That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure lol thanks

Ok so the tank is full and circulating water :) it was making a lot of noise so turned the flow down on the return and a lot quieter now, no leaks too so everything is going perfect, so far, touch wood and all that.
These Powerheads look like there doing a great job too.

Supra said:
Didn't read the whole thread. What are you using for overflows?
Supra

My tank is drilled and I have a corner overflow, I'll try post a video if I can.

Here's a video of it all running, I just put the lights on to see what it looks like.

Hey all, is there a way I can make the drainage quieter? I can hear like a sucking noise coming from the drain just wondering if I can stop this or at least make it quieter?

So after two days leak test all is well and good with no leaks, happy days! I started sticking my rockscape together yesterday so should be able to stick it in the tank after I've drained the tap water out.
I'm not gonna start filling with ro water yet as I'm going on holiday next week so I'll be starting the cycle the week after.
Few questions, what's the best thing to put in my sump? I was gonna go for a refugium, is this the best option?
And on the video not sure if you can see it but on the sand bed I'm getting what looks like a disco from my lights, is there anyway to stop the 'party'?

Google "durso standpipe". This will quiet your overflow down.

Where is the skimmer? Aren't you going to put a protein skimmer in the sump?

mr_X said:
Google "durso standpipe". This will quiet your overflow down.

Where is the skimmer? Aren't you going to put a protein skimmer in the sump?

Cool, will google that now, thanks.

Yeah the skimmer is in the sump, well hanging off the left side of it, I won't be able to actually fit it in the sump til I upgrade to a bigger one in about a years time, the skimmer isn't on in the video, I was only checking for leaks so didn't think I needed it on just yet.

Back
Top Bottom