New additions.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IME from my job at the LFS, the flagfish may be kinda scrappy... I hope you have a ratio of 2/2 at least. The males seem to really appreciate the females, lol! Your pics are sweet, as usual! I don't think I've ever seen a pic of an albino bichir, that is really cool.

BTW- I think your rummies will be toast, at the very least! Do you have room in your semi-aggressive/eel tank for when the bichir gets bigger, perhaps?

I was thinking about moving him to the 55G, but will wait a bit. He really likes the heavily planted tank, lol. So much to explore.

Birchers can grow to the 18-24" range (corys etc. won't be there to see it though).

rich311k said:
New fish are cool. Interested to hear how the flagfish do with hair algae.

Well, since I had gotten rid of most of the algae problems, I can tell you one thing. They also like green algae. Two of the males are working on some green algae that's on my crypts, and doing a fair job of it. The big male is really doing a job on one of the leaves, lol.

I'm pretty sure Senegal bichir's don't get that big. I'd gander they max out anywhere from 11-14"

jbarr said:
I'm pretty sure Senegal bichir's don't get that big. I'd gander they max out anywhere from 11-14"

Correct, P. senegalus can manage a maximum 13"-14", but are rarely seen over 12".

P. e. congicus, on the other hand, can manage a good 48".

Back
Top Bottom