new and not so new.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
About a month ago i picked up a LemonPeel Angel from my lfs. He was so active and ate so much everytime i dropped some flakes in the tank at the lfs. I also picked up some shrimps, 3 camel shrimps to join my 3 peppermints. The angel is doing great and eats alot.

My second addition wasn't really planned, i know that a tang in a 55 gallon is not a great idea, but i have a buddy that had a Blue tang in a 29 gallon with no skimmer and very little lr. Needless to say i been telling him to give it up. Well he offer a trade and i gave in. My six line wrassel started to get a little touchy with my shrimps and my buddy wanted one so we made the trade. The tang is about 2 inches, maybe a little more. But he is doing great, at first he was shy but now he found a "bed" where he sleeps everynight between some rocks. My plan is to upgrade by middle of next year to at least 125gal, so i hope i can manage him in a 55 gallon until then.

Here are some pics....

PS: The stuff flying around in the pictures is food, i had just put some flakes in tank so i could take some pics

Attachments

• DSC02433.jpg
    DSC02433.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Blue 2.jpg
    Blue 2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 62
  • Blue 3.jpg
    Blue 3.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 60
  • lemon and blue.jpg
    lemon and blue.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 68
I'm intrigued by your aquascaping.. Could you post a full tank shot? It looks like you've got quite the sand slope going on there. Unless it's just the camera angle, I'd like to see a full shot of it

Here is a pic of the tank about 2 months ago when i first set it up. there are small slopes, i guess it looks bigger in the picture, but it was the angle, i think.

Attachments

• full pic.jpg
    full pic.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 72
Thanks. I'm getting ready to move from a 75 to a 95 and had considered trying to make a slope-scape with maybe 6-7 inches sloping down in the 2-3 range with the LR kind oof dying into the slope. Wasn't sure if with all flow the sand would start to drift down the slope, pile up and in the end be a PIA. So when I saw yours I thought I could start bugging you with questions.

For now you're safe

Back
Top Bottom