New Angelfish with white stuff on body

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I got this Black Angelfish 6 days ago from my LFS. It is eating great and very active, but this morning I noticed white spots on its body. Trying to figure out would it is so that I can treat it.

Attachments

• IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,475
  • IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 235
That is just the few large white spots around upper body and not like white spot (white salt size grains over body).?

Yes, it’s just a few large white spots. It does not have little salt size grains all over, so I didn’t know if it could be ick. The white spots look fussy. I tested my water this morning, and everything was perfect: ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates in between 5 and 10.

If you have any anti-fungal meds I’d try that first and see if that works. Ideally in a hospital tank. Should get a result within a few days.

If any other fish get infections, very likely bacterial then.

Else below will cover fungal and bacterial.

I’d suspect fungal but wouldn’t surprise me if there were bacterial infections on the more solid looking spots.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/fungus-guard-tabs-8pk

'Contains two antibiotics as Furan 2 (nitrofurazone & furizolidone) and an anti fungal (potassium dichromate). The fura antibiotics are milder, older meds. The Kdichromate is a strong oxidizer.'

Back
Top Bottom