New angels!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Went to lfs and got 4 new baby angels!! All viel tail!
Idk if its a miracle or what but as soon as I put them in the tank they all started eating!!!!
They look great, no flaws, all swimming happily!!
And and on two of them their colors really deepened in less than an hr!!!

You can raise the temperature and feed them blood worms multiple times a day. This will cause them to grow faster.

well i agree somewhat. raise the temp to 80 or 81. blood worms have a natural bacteria in them and if over fed angels will get them. they are good in moderation as with any food. with all my young ones i feed a mix of shrimp and quality flake food and blood worms but i separate them into different feedings like shrimp and flake one day and blood worms and flakes next and so on and so on. clean good water changes weekly helps a lot cause clean water is one of the good practices of angel fish breeding and raising .

I always feed my small angels 3-4 tiny meals a day with a good mix of foods as stated above.

well i agree somewhat. raise the temp to 80 or 81. blood worms have a natural bacteria in them and if over fed angels will get them. they are good in moderation as with any food. with all my young ones i feed a mix of shrimp and quality flake food and blood worms but i separate them into different feedings like shrimp and flake one day and blood worms and flakes next and so on and so on. clean good water changes weekly helps a lot cause clean water is one of the good practices of angel fish breeding and raising .

Do frozen brine shrimp and frozen beefheart have the same effect as bloodworms?
Right now I am feeding multiple types of high quality pellets and will start to feed frozen tomarrow or day after. Should I start feeding frozen today?

i dont use any pellets i use flake food cause its easier for angels to eat and digest . feed them the frozen when u get it. brine dont have as much protein. thats why i suplement with flakes also

I have a friend in FL who feeds a lot of frozen beef heart to his angels and they have grown so fast so big even I was impressed. He swears by it for angels.

Back
Top Bottom