New Apisogramma!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaminBen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425253267.491851.jpg
Newest addition to my 29g planted, currently being housed with some panda corys and tetras. I'm working on getting him a lady fish as well. Any advice on getting him to color in?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Get him a couple girls and another boy because I wouldn't be surprised if that's a girl!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Really? My lfs said they were all males. Disappointing! They usually know their stuff

I'm not sure, still small right?? They can do funny things in an lfs tank with odd numbers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's been years since I kept apistos but going by the dorsal fin I'd say male....need an expert here!

Yeah he/she is barely bigger than my tetras, I'm trying to get a better picture of him, but he's not co-operating. If he was a "sneaker" male, would he recover in a tank with no males?

It's been years since I kept apistos but going by the dorsal fin I'd say male....need an expert here!

I know brooks has experience with apisto's that's why I'm worried!
Either way I'm going to keep him, I love the personality and my girlfriend has already named him

What type of apisto is it? I just thought males has the extended dorsal fin.

Ok, that changes things....looks like you have a girl. I bred this a hundred years ago. Female:

img_3173877_0_0ba398a1f351e42746ed1ef024eac3a2.jpg

Male:

img_3173877_1_903d5fde5d6042ee269d0fffeff32b94.jpg

Back
Top Bottom