new arrivals+eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aarref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
yesterday i bought a convict tang and a white face tang but they arn`t eating flakes and other frozen food but they are eating algae does this atetutide change and they will eat? is this all about stress? and another thing the convict tang`s mouth is a littel bit eroded what kind of medicne do i have too use? is it mouth fungus?

Sometimes it takes a while for the fish to start eating. Also you might try mixing some garlic extreme to get them to eat. Also if the mouth area is eroding it may be a start of HLLE...my regal did the same thing but it started with his face. Great water quality and lots of selcon, Zoe and Nori will take care of this but it takes time. Tangs require great water quality and lots of nutrition.

reply to fishman

thanks for the advice, couse i was little warried. also i have a hippo tangs his is fine a eat very much but he had a clouded eye that can`t leave him!! selcon, Zoe and Nori are they a medicine? so if i understood no medicen can i add is it right?

Well this is my first tang and has been a learning experience too. I read for about 1-2 months before buying him and thought I was up to speed..but wasnt...BUT he is doing well now. Selcon, Zoe, vitamin C are all supplements to be added to the Nori...or seaweed. Nori is seaweed that you can buy in most grocery stores, whole food places, or Asain markets. Or use Julian Sprungs (spelling) seaweed. The supplements will help him have a healthy immune system. I was a little leary at first as everyone was telling me to use these things...I didnt see how it would work but it has. My tang was so bad, that his face and all down his back had turned white....basically lost his color and started getting bad pits in his face and lips...now he is about 85% healed and is eating well.
The garlic will increase the fishes appetite...add this to the Nori (seaweed) as well. Dont forget vitamin C too!! Tnags are needy!! :roll:

white faced tang

thw convict tang died as i thought but the white faced tang is ok yesterday was stersed i think becouse aclimitisation and was full with white spots but this mornig he was grazing and many of the spots gone only few left. today he ate flakes and frozen food.

Back
Top Bottom