New Babies!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocky_2197

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:D Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my excitement of the new additions to my aquarium. My Black Molly just gave birth to about 25 babies (at least that is the number I saw) unfortunately I also now have two fat pica catfish that seemed to overly enjoy welcoming the new babies that they swolled them right up. So I was only able to save two that I put in a small tank for now. I have one question though, how big should they get before I am able to give them regular flake food and live brine shrimp? Thanks in advance. :D

rocky_2197

Congrats on the new additions to the 'family'. Baby mollies can usually take powdered flake food as soon as they're born. Just take some regular flake and crush it into a fine powder between your fingers. Live brine shrimp (adults) are too big for the little monsters at this point but if you happen to have baby brine shrimp handy (live or frozen) then your little mollies will be more than happy to take them.

Oh I love my baby guppys.. I have read on here that FIRST BITES was good.. I agree they were so tiny thats about all they could get in their mouths. I couldn't even make it as fine..I'm using some of that now.... as they are getting on 3 weeks old.. they eat everything now..Loven it..They are so ting and have a long piece of tubaflex worm swimming around in their mouths....their food is bigger then them.. :fadein:

Back
Top Bottom