New Batfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I njust got a new batfish on saturday. Its an orbiculate. She is showing no signs or stress and was eating the day she was put in the tank. She bites my finger when I put it in lol. This is the first fish Im QTing, and right now she has no visible signs of illness or parasites. Just wanted to share this. I talked to a person at the LFS that said he had one in a 172 reef for 12 years.

Orbiculate Batfish

Haha cool fish! Kinda looks like a huge leaf, and i dont no where his bodyparts are.. Haha :D

Very cool! I think it is funny how she bites! My Clownfish does that too! Do you have any pictures of your new fish?

IK about the aggressiveness. My grouper does not pick on any fish that wont actually fit in his mouth. The reason he picked on my bird wrasse is because he CAN fit in his mouth. The trigger, which is 4 inches, never gets touched. The triggeris actually relatively peaceful. The yellow tang is aggressive, but does not hurt any fish. He bashes them with his tail, but does not actually put his spike out. The bird wrasse is peaceful.

OK then. Can't say you weren't warned.
Just wondering if you read the info on the link you posted and if what you have in your signature is what's in your tank.
"it will eat many types of sessile invertebrates including corals and anemones."
150g with 130# of LR, sump, refugium, and a 220 skimmer. Honeycomb grouper, yellow tang, niger triggerfish, green bird wrasse, and an orbiculate batfish (in QT). Colt coral, purple tree gorgonian, bubble coral, hammer coral, and torch coral. Also, a bubble tip anemone.

Yes I know. The person at the LFS said he had one in a 172 reef for 12 years and it was fine. Thanks for noticing that though! Also, she not a baby so she should be pretty set in her ways of not eating corals. haha. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom