New Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my dwarf parrot died of ich a little over a week ago and now my tank looks boring. It is 36 gallons and I want to get some a pair of cichlids in the tank. I only have 2 tiger barbs (i will probably get some more next week once the tank is 100% normal again) and an australian rainbow. At the lfs, they said maybe some Kenyi but those get too big and are aggressive so that is a now, but then they said what about Saulosi and those stay fairly small....Would those work? If not, I am looking for something with bright colors that stays small and if possible opposite genders are different colors.....thanks!

Tiger barbs are fin nippers. No angel fish. I would just get rid of them in general. Then you could do angel fish and rams

Hmmmmm, instead of Angels, could I do a pair of Germans blue rams and a pair of Bolivian Rams?

Tiger barbs are fin nippers. No angel fish. I would just get rid of them in general. Then you could do angel fish and rams

If you have a proper school of tiger barbs they will nip and fight with each other instead of your other fish.

Hmm, I think the final tank will be 4 barbs, a pair of gbrs, the Australian rainbow, and maybe a dwarf gourami

Back
Top Bottom