New corals - woot. ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misskeeter2766

Aquarium Advice Freak
my coral shipment just came in.. :) Im pumped.
assorted zoas... red sea pom pom xenia... lime green favite frag.. candy cane coral frag... and I know I know... a teensy galaxia frag... That one was a stupid purchase.. impulse buy.. saw it on sale for 8 bucks and added it at the last minute before I hit "buy" ... lol.. it looked so harmless...

I am going to try to put it way at the top with nothing above it.. I read that they cant really put sweepers down below them LOL... we shall see... might teach me a lesson. lol

Get some Pics up asap when you get them placed in the tank. Always like to see how people place there frags

I will take pics soon. :) promise...

they are ALL already opening... how awesome... saltwaterfish.com is incredible.

Okay... :) These are pictures that I turned the light on to take yesterday... :) I plan on taking more in a few days... these corals already look amazing... can't wait till they open up completely.

oh... and yes, you see the tail spot blenny in my main tank.. he wasn't eating at all in the QT tank because it was cycling.. I couldnt stand to see him suffer, so I took him out and put him in the main tank... I'll QT him for 8 weeks once it is cycled... (if he makes it.. he still isnt eating)
27977-albums880-picture6289.jpg
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/27977-albums880-picture6289.jpg

27977-albums880-picture6290.jpg

27977-albums880-picture6291.jpg

27977-albums880-picture6292.jpg

27977-albums880-picture6293.jpg

27977-albums880-picture6294.jpg

btw... most of those frags are bigger than what the description on the website says. :) They were shipped really well.. packaged very securely.. I'm impressed

i dont think there is much reason to qt the blenny now. once you put him in the mt what ever he had(if anything) is there now.

BTW give the galaxea pleanty of space, at least three inches they extend sweeper tentacles. Also there is reason to QT now. QTing now will allow meds to be used not in the DT and also if the tank is left fallow for 8 weeks then the ich will die because it's life cycle was broken anyway.

ha... didnt realize all the pictures came out sideways... weird..

yeah I know to give the galaxea plenty of space... he will have his own rock way up high...

I also got two new corals from a fish store in ft worth tx today.. :) my daughter had a doctor appointment, so I looked it up... amazing selection btw... I thought I wouldnt be able to tear myself away... ended up with a kenya tree and some PURPLE zoanthids.. woo hoo.

Make sure for the LPS you bought that they are in areas with decent flow, and not pounding constant flow. They will develop brown jelly disease if they are under too much flow.

hmm... what is brown jelly disease?

I'm not sure what my flow is like.. I have the standard output that came with my nano cube dx...

hmm.. that's not what's wrong with my toadstool leather then... it looks like it has brown algae growing on the ends of it's polyps... it is easily blown away with a turkey baster... I think I overfed my cleaner shrimp.. its hard when there are no fish in there...

Back
Top Bottom