New Evolve 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magicmarymac

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I went a little crazy and bought an Evolve4 for my cory eggs… for now.

image-3249585879.jpg

Eventually, though, I plan to take it to work, plant it, and then either go for a Betta or cherry shrimp.

image-994001291.jpg

Right now my question is about the heater. I bought a 50 Watt submersible heater, however, when I unpacked the aquarium I discovered that it called for a brand specific one that fits in the back chamber.

Which is better?

Thank you!

Mary

Attachments

• image-3488946461.jpg
    image-3488946461.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 81
You don't need to use the same one as the box says. I use a terra one and it keeps the water at 78 no matter what!! Here's my evolve 4!! You will love this tank!

Attachments

• image-2006495803.jpg
    image-2006495803.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 77
I like the Hydor Theo 25w for a tank that size. Plus the Theo's have a thermostat control in case you ever need to run it warmer -- in other words, it's not preset. Good for you in giving a Betta a real home with filtration and a heater (if you go for the Betta option that is).

Amazon.com: Hydor 25W Submersible Aquarium Heater - Original Theo: Pet Supplies

Thank you, it looks like a great option.

Well, it looks like I will be going with a Betta. A baby came home with me tonight. He is now in a large bowl with a filter and heater--until the Evolve is available. I'm such a sucker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom