New female betta. Unique fins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sugarloves

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought this betta a few weeks ago and since then I have been looking at pictures of other female bettas. It seems that i cant find a picture of another female with the same type of finnage as mine. My female's dorsal fin looks exactly like her anal fin. The pictures of the females I see online have smaller pointer dorsals than mine does. Do I have something unique here?

Wow, that's a beautiful betta you have there! Sorry I am nost much of a betta expert but the answer may be that it's a male with just short fins as there is a type breed to have the males look that way. Also it could very well be a mix of some kind causing unique features. Though if I were you I'd wait for the betta expert opinions.

Hmm, I wasnt sure if it was a double tail because the two sides are not symmetrical. Do all dt have those wide and short dorsals? Is that why her dorsal doesnt resemble the common female's dorsal?

Oh and it is a female becuase she has an egg spot. I have a plakat and there is quite a difference of appearance between the male plakat and the female betta.

From the photos I've looked at, the female DT's have the wide dorsal, as well as some had symmetrical DT's and some not.

Back
Top Bottom