New filter advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, does anyone have any recommendations for a really good HOB filter? Bought an Aqueon 75 in December but I think the quality is suspect. It started making noise today and not really happy with how well it filters overall. Thoughts?

I have an AquaClear 50, and I am happy with it. If I had to get another filter, I would get one of the new types that are submerged in the tank so they will start back up after a power outage. I would suggest that you also do some research somewhere like Amazon where you can see user reviews.

I've always used Penguin BIO-Wheel power filters and never had any complaints. I say if you like it and it works well, stick with it. Call me a fanboy if you want, but I will always use these type of filters, can't go wrong with them.

I,ve always used Penguin BIO-Wheel power filters and never had any complaints. I say if you like it and it works well, stick with it. Call me a fanboy if you want, but I will always use these type of filters, can't go wrong with them.

Have you had issues with noise with the wheel?

Tried using filter floss to help. LFS owner told me to put it on the sides if the filter, not sure if it messed up the filter or not

Currently using a Penguin 200 as one of my HOB filters for surface agitation & as a backup filter, relatively quiet thus far. My brother has an Aquaclear HOB and I agree with him that they're the best HOB on the market. I'll be switching over to canisters in the future, otherwise I would've picked up a pair of these guys no doubt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom