new fish has a sore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I have two golden dojo loaches and a gf in a 20 gallon long, and I've been wanting to put a natural colored dojo loach inside. Well I was at Petco today and finally I found some natural colored ones, so I bought one and brought it home. Only once I got home did I discover that it has a redish sore on the end of its face, like its been rubbing on the glass too much or something. I don't have a quarantine tank set up so I quickly filled up a 10 gallon tank I had and I'm going to put in a filter with some media from another tank. Other than that what do you guys suggest I do?

I hate when people say crap like "Get the fish out of there". You can suggest that a fish won't be great in a certain size tank but don't order me to get my goldfish out of the 20 gallon. I've been told by a few people that it will be fine in that tank and I have no doubts about that. I've had goldfish before and this is 1 of only 3 fish in the tank. Especially if I upgrade my filters on the tank which I plan to, this tank is fine for a goldfish.

...unless that was entirely a joke based on the fact that I referred to my goldfish as a gf...in which case I apologize for acting like a weirdo with the last post. lol

Bleh, taking it back has occurred to me but I want to save him. He seems perfectly healthy other than the little scrape thing on his nose. If I take him back chances are he'll just die in that cramped tank full of goldfish. I guess I'll repost this in the sick fish area.

Back
Top Bottom