New fish has popeye, any treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alrighty, here's my little emergency room tank. I put my moss ball in there with him :D

Attachments

• QT tank 006.jpg
    QT tank 006.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 57
  • QT tank 001.jpg
    QT tank 001.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 73
  • QT tank 002.jpg
    QT tank 002.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 65
Nice job. Even got a fuzzy wuzzy! Haha that's a great execution of a great idea

Yeah, he's in there now and I dissolved a little aquarium salt and put it in there. I'll just do (the world's tiniest) pwc's every day until he gets better. It'll be the easiest pwc's in history.

Thanks for all your help guys! Especially Homedog!

eco23 said:
Yeah, he's in there now and I dissolved a little aquarium salt and put it in there. I'll just do (the world's tiniest) pwc's every day until he gets better. It'll be the easiest pwc's in history.

Thanks for all your help guys! Especially Homedog!

Any time! :)

Does that look suitable to you guys? I know it's not an established QT tank, but it's the best I can do. I don't think he's contagious (better safe than sorry) but he was hiding from the other fish like they were gonna attack him. At least he's got his own private room... no matter what happens.

eco23 said:
Does that look suitable to you guys? I know it's not an established QT tank, but it's the best I can do. I don't think he's contagious (better safe than sorry) but he was hiding from the other fish like they were gonna attack him. At least he's got his own private room... no matter what happens.

I think it's fine. When my Nemo was nipped I put him in a three point five gallon container with an old filter and gravel from the tank. It wasn't heated, but he had to get out. Sadly the damage was so much to the guppy's fins that he died.

eco23 said:

It'll work until he heals. It's probably better that he doesn't have much room. It'll keep him still. And that tanks probably already cycled... Especially if you even used the gravel, filter media, and water! It's just like taking a slice out of your big tank!

Nice but if you used salt and are gonna use that marimo ball....then either get a new ball or maybe not get the corys. I read they can't handle salt.

Thanks again for everyone's help. I'll keep you updated. Now back to my daily job of convincing people to fishless cycle, lol.

Deckape said:
Nice but if you used salt and are gonna use that marimo ball....then either get a new ball or maybe not get the corys. I read they can't handle salt.

I hope it won't absorb too much salt. I'll rinse it real good. But if Mr. Fishy doesn't make it I'm not gonna put it back in.

eco23 said:
Thanks again for everyone's help. I'll keep you updated. Now back to my daily job of convincing people to fishless cycle, lol.

Tell me about it. I've helped what... 4 newbies with it today? Geez. I finally just posted a link to the fishless cycling for dummies thread in my signature.

Deckape said:

I think it'll be ok. He can just rinse it in some PWC water.

eco23 said:
You think the morimo ball will absorb so much salt that it will raise the salinity of the entire tank?

Don't know but ...I don't know

Okey dokey, I ran to the lfs to get a new airstone cause the one in there didn't really want to bubble.

I did a 50% pwc in his little tank this morning...easiest thing I've ever done...just get some of his water out and pour some tank water in. I picked up some Maracyn to be safe and I'm still not sure whether to use it yet.

I've already got some aquarium salt in there with him, but the poor little guy doesn't seem to want to eat. Do you guys think I should use the Maracyn in his QT? It might be my imagination, but I think his eye might already a little better...it's just the not eating that worries me.

I went ahead and dosed the Macaryn. Poor little guy won't eat so I figured it won't hurt. Kinda a hail mary pass at this point. But at least I'm doing everything I can.

Neons are not easy to take care of in what I've read. Good on ya for trying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom