New Fish HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it possible for the api super ich cure to be altering my nitrate test results?

If you are still treating for ich dont add any fish until the medication period has ended (1 week after all signs have disappeared?) and you are sure the ich is gone. I would then give it another couple of weeks to be sure you arent adding fish into an infected tank.

Its possible that anything in the water can effect test results. Nitrate tests are notoriously difficult to obtain accurate test results for. Even water companies who are testing with professional equipment in labs have difficulty with nitrate because so many things can throw off the test. I dont think it would be off my much though even if it did throw off your tests.

And be aware that the fish you bought previously where infected with ich from the store. It cant spontaneously appear. I would consider whether you want to get more fish from the same place that sold you ich infected fish.

So my tank has just recently cycled. Here are the results below.

Since I have also applied ich medicine. I have to do a gravel Vac + 50% water change, will this damage the newly established cycle/ beneficial bacteria.

Attachments

• 8C024B7D-C45A-4D92-AE5C-F4AD815AE39C.jpg
    8C024B7D-C45A-4D92-AE5C-F4AD815AE39C.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 10
Doing a gravel vac will remove some beneficial bacteria, but i dont think enough to have a noticable effect on your cycle. Monitor water parameters and do a water change as needed same as when you where cycling your tank.

Back
Top Bottom