New Fish Identity Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liquid_Pyro

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought a used tank, and it came with a few fish, was wondering if you could help me identify them...

thanks

Pretty sure the yellow ones are Yellow Labs, and there is a type of pleco...dont know the name though, its mostly the brownish one and the Blue one I would like to know the names of

Attachments

• HPIM4165.jpg
    HPIM4165.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 68
  • HPIM4172.jpg
    HPIM4172.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 57
  • HPIM4177.jpg
    HPIM4177.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 62
  • HPIM4168.jpg
    HPIM4168.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 61
more pictures

continued...

Attachments

• HPIM4171.jpg
    HPIM4171.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 52
  • HPIM4169.jpg
    HPIM4169.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 58
  • HPIM4184.jpg
    HPIM4184.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 59
the blue one is quite large, 6 inches plus easy, what about electric blue hap?

pretty cichlids...

this one is a Male Metriaclima lombardoi (common name.. Kenyi)(the big guy in the background)

attachment.php

More Pictures

I haven't fully set up my tanks yet, workin on em all actually, they are all running fine, just haven't dialed in all the aquascaping yet...

but yes as per the yellow labs, I know I must have a male and a female as when I was given the new tank and fish the previous owner also found like 40 baby labs which he didn't even know about (shown in the pic below)

Also tried for some better picks of the brown fish, could they be the females to the blue one? whatever its called...

Still unknown: Brown Fish (female electric blue?)
Pleco's?
Blue Fish (electric blue haps or peacocks?)

Attachments

• HPIM4189.jpg
    HPIM4189.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 58
  • HPIM4204.jpg
    HPIM4204.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM4195.jpg
    HPIM4195.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM4202.jpg
    HPIM4202.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 54
this one is a Male Metriaclima lombardoi (common name.. Kenyi)(the big guy in the background)
Ahh, no.
That is definatly a Lab, a big male, probably a lot older than the rest. Kenyi do not have any black on them. Not a Kenyi, male or female.

also found like 40 baby labs which he didn't even know about (shown in the pic below)
Nope, not Lab fry. Lab fry are so yellow they are almost clear, not brownish like those guys. Most likely the brown one is the mom of them. I know, I have had a zillion Yellow Lab fry before and more to come within a week.

The blue one is a , Electric Blue Hap: Ahli. Watch it, they can be very aggressive. Not sure what the brown one is. Probably some hybrid and you may never figure it out. Poor thing looks beat to crap too.
Here is a profile for the Hap: Species Profiles -- Cichlid-Forum

yes the brown ones do look a little hurting, the plan is to sell them, just wanted to know their names to be able to sell them thats all

r u sure about the babies dizzcat? there were only 4 types of fish in the tank (blue hap x1, yellow lab x6 only 3 of breeding age, unknown brown x2, plecos x2)

I am sure about the babies. It is highly possible that one of the brown ones mated with the Lab male or the Blue Hap. If there is not another male of their kind in the tank they will spawn with whatever male is available.
These are pure Yellow Lab fry, see how they are almost clean with a yellow tint?
img_1032801_0_9ad252e9943db340fc66eb8003ca7cd0.jpg

img_1032801_1_981f1d27d5add46f52b7d6c46d7cf960.jpg

sell them to me..lol...i want the blue one as i have one that is about 3.5 inches..I call mine Muhammid...lol...Muhammid Ahli

I think the pleco is a clown pleco. I have one and it looks almost identical to it.

Back
Top Bottom