New fish!! Need quick reply!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 75 gallon with 10 baby angels quarter siZe. I recently inherited a 47, 10, 5, and 2 gallon tanks. Of which the 10 gallon is set up and is currently housing 2-2.5" angels 4 black skirt tetras 3-3" clown loaches and a Cory cat. I am leaving tomarrow morning for 3-4 days and will have a sitter feed the tanks. Worst part is that the tetras have a black fungus on one of them and the bigger angel has cloudy eye.
Can I save the loaches. Cory. and angels to the 75 gallon? I have started treatment two days ago and only a slight improvement.

Ok. So you have the following fish:

10 Angelfish (Young)
2 Angelfish (Juvenile)
4 Black Skirt Tetra (Black Fungus?)
3 Clown Loaches (Young)
1 Cory

Tanks
75G Cycled
47G
10G Cycled
5G
2G

Long term you need to rehome the clown loaches, they get too big for a 75G. Short term however you can't really rehome them due to the issues in the tank.

Honestly my only advice is transfer the Angels (Juvenile), Black Skirts, Clown Loaches & Cory to the 47G and just swap the filter to the new tank.

Hopefully when you get back the fresh water may have fixed the angel's cloudy eye which is commonly a symptom of PH change.

When you get back look at quaranting the sick angel in the 10G and the Black Skirt in the 5G. If the other fish aren't affected upon your return then rehome the clown loaches.

Back
Top Bottom