New fish, now what??? Hongi & kribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GorJess

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so today I got 1 hongi that is carrying a mouthful of eggs. I also got a male and female kribs..
Now I have put a divider in my tank (I finally found one) and separated the kribs from my guppies platys blind caves catfish ... The hongi is in its own tank..
Can I please have some advice on these fish. I will post photos .. Do hongi eat thier own fry?? How do I know if the kribs have paired up?? They have only been in there about an hour and the male seems to be staying in the cave.. Any advice will be great..

Attachments

• image-4253197521.jpg
    image-4253197521.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 70
  • image-725275999.jpg
    image-725275999.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3415712096.jpg
    image-3415712096.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3175610608.jpg
    image-3175610608.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 68
The hongi should take care of them if she isn't under stress from other fish. What size tank are you dividing? You may be able to take the divider out and get better results. Kribensis aren't usually that aggressive when breeding if they have enough space.. How many tanks do you have? What size are they and what fish are in them?

Ok well hongi is in its own tank ... The other tank is a 41 gallon / 156L . I have in one side: approx 12 guppies, 3 platy, 2 blind cave fish, 3 small sucking catfish, 2 zebra danios , 4 apple snails & 5 neon tetras. I also now have about 15 platy fry in a breeding box...
In the other side I have : a pair of kribs (not breeding pair just sexed, but she is smaller than him and showing some amazing colours) 2 sucking catfish and 2 zebra danios

I would recommend removing the divider. Those fish need the full length of the tank without the divider in it.

Do u think she looks ok?? Someone else in another forum says she looks bloated and abnormal

Yeah, she does look a little bloated. I thought it might have just been camera angle though. Could you get a better picture? Us she swimming normally?

Back
Top Bottom