New Fish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything is settling in nicely anybody else have any new projects their working on? And is it typical for gourami's to be active at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1 of my lfs always has females, so I thought I'd give a pair a go, she has fin nipped him to death within a week, my fault for thinking problem was fin rot I guess, here's the poor guy in quarantine after busting her having a crack at himView attachment 280564
He was dead by the morning and I took her back the following day cos she had turned her aggression to the rasboras, female dg, worst fish I've ever had

Do you have a pic of the alleged female ? Many members here have never seen an actual female DG.
I understand you returned her.

Or maybe you could take a pic of the females at the store ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have multiple projects. Club meeting is at my house Saturday. So we are setting up my 55g this week. My 10g Shrimp tank is a mess. Will post pics in seperate thread once I reset. My 5g Bowfront Betta tank is simple but fish looks good.
My 5.5 AquaSoil tank is coming alive again after months of neglect. No pics yet. Needs major reset.
10g rimless is dry for now. May set it up at Meet.

Been away 4 days. Trying to get energy for all these projects.

I have multiple projects. Club meeting is at my house Saturday. So we are setting up my 55g this week. My 10g Shrimp tank is a mess. Will post pics in seperate thread once I reset. My 5g Bowfront Betta tank is simple but fish looks good.
My 5.5 AquaSoil tank is coming alive again after months of neglect. No pics yet. Needs major reset.
10g rimless is dry for now. May set it up at Meet.

Been away 4 days. Trying to get energy for all these projects.

That's super cool make sure to keep me updated with pictures and what not! I like to know

So I had a single fish die this morning one of my guppies she was the biggest of the guppies I picked up from the adoption tank so I'm assuming the oldest too?? I tested water had a Nitrate level between 10-20 ammonium and nitrite were both at 0 so for safe measure I did a 50 percent water change tested again and got no nitrate. Could nitrate have been the cause?

No. Nitrate won't kill a fish even at higher levels(160+) to my knowledge..

It could be anything from old age to a parasite.

Caleb

No. Nitrate won't kill a fish even at higher levels(160+) to my knowledge..

It could be anything from old age to a parasite.

Caleb

Thanks a bunch I didn't think so I've had no issues since then

I definitely think it was old age she was the biggest guppy in there and the only fish I've had die since I've owned the tank so water parameters are Bueno good to know nitrate build up isn't bad. I'm getting lots of growth from plants. And what parameters should you keep your ammonium and nitrites under? Because nitrates are the least harmful correct? And I am mainly curious I haven't had a single ammonium or nitrite reading at all.

Cories should be kept in groups of six or more of the same species if possible, I would say add some buddies!

They seem to be doing fine thus far they are always following each other around but I'll look into it

Cories should be kept in groups of six or more of the same species if possible, I would say add some buddies!

+1. Add more corydoras before you add other stuff, they'll be much happier for it.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom