New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian242pa

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have a 29 gallon reef tank, I have a pair of clown fish and 2 hippo tangs, ik I need to get rid of them but their still not stressed . Any ideas on another fish. My fish are pretty territorial IMO. Thanks for any reply's.

Even if they are juvenile, you need to get rid of the hippo tangs right now!!!

Once you get rid of the hippo tangs, you can get a yellow watchman goby, a clown goby, a chalk bass, a fire goby, or a bunch of other fish. Just some first ideas :)

Kk should I buy fish trap, or just catch with net. And I love gobies and stuff but the only fish I have never kept successfully was sand sifting gobies, I find it sooooooooooo amazing watching them hanging around their burrows. I will call Lfs and see if they wan em, thanks and everyone please share ur ideas

Have you considered a six line wrasse? There super colorful and are very active. Fire Goby's are pretty cool and Royal Grammas add an amazing coloration.
Do you have any inverts?
You could def get a cleaner shrimp which are super fun to watch go crazy cleaning everything or some red footed turbo snails.

Yellow watchman gobies are great I enjoy watching mine. And I agree on the royal grama as well. He adds great color and gets along with my clowns and coral beauty.

You might end up nearly taking down your tank to get the hippo out but it is best to do it ASAP as you said in your first post. If you really want a blue fish you might consider a pygmy dwarf angel Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish but if you are going to do a reef later it might nip at coral. If you like things that seem to hang out in holes you might try a midas blenny mine likes to hang out in a little cave or perch on one of the power heads.

Ok guys as u requested I will get a yellow watchmen goby :) can't wait. Any things to do before I get em other than get rid of hippos

Back
Top Bottom