New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I we got some new fish can someone please tell me what species they are.

Attachments

• image-3988726997.jpg
    image-3988726997.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2720786502.jpg
    image-2720786502.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 94
The ones in photo 2 have line spiked tips on their spines.

Looks like some sort of cichlid but hopefully someone will be able to tell you what kind.

No one has told me yet I really want to know. Some please answer.

Look like a Cichlid to me. Not sure what kind though. Maybe South American. Sorry can't help more I'm new to this but I have many friends that have cichlids and I as well have a convict (Cichlid) tank.

More importantly, what other fish do you have in the tank that these are going into? I don't know the exact species, but I do know that these are aggressive and should be kept with others of their kind.

You really should never purchase fish when you don't know what they are. How do you know that you can provide them with their specific tank requirements unless you research them?

More importantly, what other fish do you have in the tank that these are going into? I don't know the exact species, but I do know that these are aggressive and should be kept with others of their kind.

You really should never purchase fish when you don't know what they are. How do you know that you can provide them with their specific tank requirements unless you research them?

+1 I wholeheartedly agree with Lynda. In addition, you've posted quite a few problems with your current fish. Perhaps sorting the issues with your current fish before purchasing new fish would be beneficial. How many tanks do you have, what size, and what fish are in each? It's a good possibility the new fish will need to be returned.

The guy at the pet shop said that these guys are a peaceful community fish. And with this tank I haven't had any problems for over a month.

Perhaps you can get a clearer shot of them. From what we can see, this is an aggressive cichlid species.

Guys at the lfs say a lot but, sadly, they're usually blowing smoke.

I have some better pics hopefully can you plz tell me the name of these fish. And a the fish store try had the one in the first tank with tetras and rainbows.

Attachments

• image-2332908113.jpg
    image-2332908113.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1691975813.jpg
    image-1691975813.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 54
This is another pic of the one in photo 2 can't get a better one of the one in pic 1 cause it's a bit shy. Can someone just please tell me the name of the 2 fish I posted photos of.

Attachments

• image-4202311082.jpg
    image-4202311082.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 58
I wish I could but I can't really see it cause it stays at te back.

These are the best I could get.

Attachments

• image-3185431990.jpg
    image-3185431990.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image-1769106246.jpg
    image-1769106246.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom