New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MitcherNeaf

Aquarium Advice Regular
I everyone, i currently have a pleco, 3 balas, and 3 clown loaches in my 55 gallon tank (i know not big enought, i plan on upgrading in a year once i get out of school) anyway. My sister in law has a friend who has a 29 gallon tank and is looking to get rid of the fish in it. Right now she has a little pleco only like 3 inches she says. and 2 kissing gourami's. She said they were about 5 to 6 inches long. What im wondering is, would adding 2 large gouramis be ok to my rather small community i have, all my fish are 2 inches except 1 bala that is 3. My pleco is huge at 12 inches, will the little pleco be ok in there with him as well, as long as i feed them plenty of tabs.
thanks mitch

im starting to dislike my kissers, while a touch smaller than my moonlight gouramis, they constantly "kiss" them, just because a moonlight is in their way. they do leave all the other fish alone.

i'd be worried if your balas are skittish, as well as your clowns, big kissers may be a problem, seem to leave large pleco's alone though

I have a 55 gal with a 12 in Pleco, When my son left for service he put his Little pleco in the tank. It is now about 6inches, and he has started to harass mine non stop. It is bad enough that I am in the process of starting a new tank to separate the two. If you get the new one I wish you luck.

Back
Top Bottom