New Fluval Edge 19g Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
No, I didn't get another tank to feed my MTS condition! LOL

Just spotted this interesting looking fluval edge. Being a first gen fluval edge owner (at my parent's house) and a planted tank enthusiast, I found the planted version in this website to be quite enticing (maybe not green color). I like how fluval evolved this AIO (all in one) kit. :)

Hagen announces new larger Fluval EDGE tanks with LED light and Simpletec filter

Last edited:
Why Hagen opted to color the planted version lime green boggles the mind... I predict a lot of DIY paint jobs in the future haha! Looks very enticing otherwise! Wonder what the PAR will be like...

You are using the stock lighting?! Shame on you! :lol:

Yes the green is pretty weird. :eek:

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It appears to be using a 2nd gen AquaLife & Plant LED with touch dimming control. I'm curious as to the dimensions of this tank. But from pictured, it looks fairly shallow. I think if the light is anything like its fluval predecessor, there should be moderate lighting capable with "dimming" ability for low tech in a tank that size.

If I had a house in the clouds like in the movie Oblivion, I think the green color would grow on me ;)

I hope they come to their senses and offer the other color options with the "plant LED."

It appears to be using a 2nd gen AquaLife & Plant LED with touch dimming control. I'm curious as to the dimensions of this tank. But from pictured, it looks fairly shallow. I think if the light is anything like its fluval predecessor, there should be moderate lighting capable with "dimming" ability for low tech in a tank that size.

If I had a house in the clouds like in the movie Oblivion, I think the green color would grow on me ;)

I hope they come to their senses and offer the other color options with the "plant LED."

Ha, just like the iPhone 5c! :lol:

Sure, what's wrong with stock lighting if it's strong enough?

Moderate lighting would be nice. I'd prob be happy with that knowing I don't need to mod it to get beyond low light. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sure, what's wrong with stock lighting if it's strong enough?

Moderate lighting would be nice. I'd prob be happy with that knowing I don't need to mod it to get beyond low light. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was making a reference to all of Brian's big new lights I guess. I wasn't serious; if the light is good enough then it works.

Hey just saw this tank at MACNA 2014 Denver. They say there will be a new version with better lighting, colored (or more colors) LEDs and if I remember correctly, a dimmer.

Very excited to see it when it comes out. Now I have a new tank I want :angel:.

60074-albums14113-picture67373.jpg

Yeah these tanks are looking REALLY good! I would have to sell some tanks before my GF will allow another tank in the house though! Haha

Yeah these tanks are looking REALLY good! I would have to sell some tanks before my GF will allow another tank in the house though! Haha

I was trimming down the number of tanks I had.....reeeeallly I was.
Kept thinking how cool a Fluval tank that was wide would look (but smallish) and I didn't even know they existed, and they are supposed to retail for similar price but better light options. Ahhhhh!!! I want one! Kinda wish I wouldn't have seen it, lol.

With the improved light option it has a remote I think to or control with your phone, something crazy.

I was drooling over new light systems that are coming out too.

Back
Top Bottom