New Freshwater Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terrance

Aquarium Advice Addict
I traded out my previous puffers for this puffer. Its a Brown Puffer (Monotrete turgidus) measuring about 2.5inches. This guy is nocturnal, but greeted me this morning. I named him Titus. I'm quarantining him in my 29 gallon tank, but it will turn into his permanent home after 3 weeks.

My turgidus puffer is still being quarantined. 2 more weeks and then I can call it safe.

Here's another one of my new puffers. He is a orange congo puffer. He is still being quarantined, so not much in his tank yet. I wont add much to his tank because he will spend 99% of his time being buried anyways.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

awesome puffers,how big do they get?

Both will reach 5-6inches each. I'll throw in 1 QT'ed zebra danios in each of their tank to keep their hunting skills in tact. Although those zebras are fast, they'll eventually be caught off guard :p

I'm jealous.

I've been thinking about setting up a species tank for one of those guys. I'm to scared though. :ermm: I'd feel horrible if I killed one of them. They're just too awesome and sensitive from what I hear.

I need to see a 360 degree view of the puffers.

If I add sand, then the congo would hide in the sand all day and I wouldn't know if there's signs of disease.

I'm slowly adding more stuff to the turgidus' tank. All the decor is set. I just have to add the sand substrate now. Again, this puffer is a lurker and hides in its castle all day. No substrate gives me a view from under the tank. It took him 2 weeks for it to start coming out with no light. Even then, I have very little light to see it.

Both of their quarantine tank will turn into permanent homes :)
I'll add sand substrate to both tanks this upcoming week because they're doing really well!

When you fed your puffer that guppie did you quarantine it or just let it get eaten straight from the store or wherever you got it

quarantined for 3 weeks, no prob.

Im out of guppies now. Now its just worms i feed.

Back
Top Bottom